LWV of Klamath County 8880 Tingley Lane, Klamath Falls OR 97603 541-882-6509
For more information, contact President Leslie Lowe at email@example.com
Join the LWV!
Find us on facebook for more news!
subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed of upcoming activities.
NOT JUST FOR WOMEN
We are a League of Informed Voters Everywhere (LIVE), a non-partisan political organization that:
►encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government
► works to increase understanding of major public policy issues
► influences public policy through education and advocacy
Why join us? Because we do important work to strengthen our political system and democracy:
- Klamath County Commissioners are now non-partisan officials.
- The transient room tax is supporting efforts to promote tourism in Klamath County.
- We study issues like air pollution, the justice system, the environment, and sustainable development and make recommendations to local, state, and federal levels of government.
- We help educate voters before elections so they can make informed decisions.
- We work on a non-partisan basis to get out the vote, thus improving our democratic process.
What can YOU do? You can:
- study local issues in detail, with the help of experts, to help frame policy recommendations
- work with other Oregon chapters to study larger issues and submit reports to the Oregon Legislature
- help with educating voters before elections, such as holding candidate forums
- join national non-partisan efforts to recommend sound policy on many issues
Third Thursday of the month at 6:45 pm at 409 Pine Street in Klamath Falls. Everyone has a voice at our meetings. Only Board members are allowed to vote.